Perseid School receives fourth consecutive 'Outstanding' from Ofsted
Perseid School pupils and staff are celebrating, following a glowing Ofsted Inspection report which sees the school continuing to be graded ‘Outstanding’. The inspection took place on July 3 2019 and the school was praised for maintaining the outstanding quality of education since the last inspection.
Ofsted inspectors observed that pupils are ‘very happy and enjoy school’ and acknowledged the effective and positive working relationships between pupils and staff, commenting that ‘staff engage pupils in activities but encourage them also to develop their independence’.
The inspection found that the competent and committed governing board have high aspirations for the school; and the senior team provide excellent leadership within the school, adding that middle leadership is extremely well developed and plays a significant part in school improvement. The report also highlighted that development points identified at the previous inspection have been successfully addressed and the provision has further developed.
The Inspection report highlighted specific areas of strength:
- The school’s vision of being ‘an inspiring visionary school, blazing a trail for outstanding holistic learning’ was demonstrated perfectly.
- There is a very strong culture of safeguarding throughout the school.
- The curriculum meets the needs of individual pupils exceptionally well…pupils follow a very personalised curriculum...Activities to develop pupils’ attention and engagement are highly effective.
- There are a good range of visits to the local community and beyond…pupils are also given opportunity to participate in enterprise projects and charity days, promoting their independence.
- Pupils relate their learning effectively to the world outside school… older pupils are given specific roles and responsibilities in the school.
- Pupils are very well prepared for the next stage of their education or training…pupils are confident about their transition to new classes.
Executive Headteacher, Tina Harvey said:
'We are delighted that the Inspectors have recognised the achievements of our pupils and the support from our staff team, governors and families. We are determined to continue building on the successes achieved to date and to continue delivering the high quality of learning that ensures our pupils achieve beyond expectations'.
For more information, please contact 020 8648 9737; email@example.com